Job Title: Gas Engineer
Salary: 32k OTE 35-37K
Domestic Service and Break-down Gas Engineer
Purpose of the role:
Responsible for establishing a positive customer relationship whilst undertaking assigned reactive emergency work and pre-planned service calls ensuring compliance with operational and legislative procedures and standards.
• To carry out all assigned servicing/ breakdown and installations duties to domestic properties and domestic appliances to a high standard, ensuring compliance with operational and legislative procedures and standards.
• To contact the Field Support Manager in first instance or Regional Service Manager in the event of unsafe situations or where condemned appliances/installations are found and seek guidance and direction on appropriate course of action.
• To undertake all work in accordance with company Health & safety policies & practices including wearing the correct PPE.
• To ensure that all paperwork and processes have been carried out legibly and correctly including (but not limited to) records of appliance details, serial numbers, GC numbers to include ensuring all information and is accurately captured on the tablet as required and all tablet steps are fully complied with.
• To ensure own qualifications are maintained up to date and carry Gas Safe Register Card and visibly display Gasway ID card at all times.
• To maintain & keep in good condition the company vehicle and all issued property & equipment, ensuring the weekly van checklist are returned in correct time frame. Promptly report any accidents/incidents related to travel.
• To ensure possession and maintenance of all necessary stock, tools & equipment to complete all assigned work.
• To ensure that any assigned Apprentices are given appropriate training and guidance so that they meet the requirements of their development plan.
• To be flexible responding to the needs of the business including participation on the on call Rota.
• To create a favourable and professional image in respect of the company to customers, tenants, agencies, landlords, colleagues and the public in general at all times.
Skills and Experience
• Full knowledge of current Gas and Electrical Safety regulations and Health and Safety requirements.
• Qualified ACS Gas Safe Engineer.
CCN1, CKR1 .HTR1.WAT1. DAH1 .CEN1 .CPA1 .JO1. Unvented Hot water + Asbestos Awareness
TPCP1 (A) & Oil burner qualifications (desirable).
• NVQ 3 Install / Service and Maintenance discipline i.e. Heating & Ventilation or HVAC.
• Conglp1 + Pd- Changeover + Permanent dwellings
• RPH- Residential Park Homes
Oil (training will be given if necessary)-
• OFT 101- Servicing Appliances
• OFT105e- System Installations
• OFT600a- Tank Installations
Skills / Abilities:
• Very strong interpersonal skills ie able to effectively communicate with customer and colleagues.
• Ability to plan and organise work; balancing conflicting priorities to ensure that
tasks are completed on time and of a high quality
• Strong problem and negotiation skills
• Ability to work under pressure