Commissioning / After Sales Engineer Location: Based Norwich, Paris or Santander Spain with frequent international travel
Description of the role.
• Commissioning of ATEX certified electric heaters and thyristor control systems.
• Dealing with technical after sales customer enquiries.
• Ability to work autonomously and have a good technically knowledge with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Prepared to undertake regular international travel to client job sites in both off-‐shore and often remote on-‐shore locations.
• Approximately 60-‐70% of your time will be working at jobsites with a duration varying from a few days to a few weeks.
• Attend client meetings to discuss commissioning requirements and schedules.
• Assist with client factory acceptance tests at our manufacturing locations in France and Spain. Required experience and qualifications.
You will have served a relevant recognized apprenticeship or be able to demonstrate progressive “hands on” experience supported by an academic qualification, ideally to a minimum of NVQ level 4 or 5. This is not a prerequisite, although candidates without this level of qualification will be expected to pass a technical assessment test as part of the interview process.
• You have experience of ATEX certified electrical systems and ideally you will be COMP Ex trained.
• You will ideally have an electrical commissioning background although you will be expected to have a good knowledge of temperature measurement related instrumentation and an understanding of mechanical pressure vessel assemblies.
• Commissioning low voltage electrical power systems.
• Knowledge of thyristor power control, using single cycle, burst firing and phase angle firing.
• Ability to fault find hard-‐wired relay logic control systems.
• Understand PLC ladder logic and make changes to software as directed by design engineers.
• Ideally you will already possess a current OPITO approved BOSIET /HUET qualification, an OPITO approved medical and OPITO MIST training . However this is not essential as this training could be provided for the right applicant.
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist Engineering Recruitment Company based in Norfolk