Technique Recruitment Solutions
Technique Recruitment Solutions are working on behalf of an industry leading controls technology company who have new opportunities for Applications Engineers to join their facility.
The company operates in over 60 countries worldwide, working from 14 global sites. By combining technical ingenuity with design, engineering, manufacturing and field service expertise, they create innovative solutions that can be applied to standardised systems.
The Engineering Department is engaged in the design of industrial control systems for the oil & gas, telemetry, and renewable energy sectors.
Upon joining the Engineering Department, the successful applicant will have exposure to the key aspects of the products and services the team design and support.
On assignment of product or project based tasks, the successful applicant will work with colleagues to design and implement control systems comprising electrical, electronic, SCADA/HMI, PLC/RTU, and documentation elements, among others.
The successful applicant will also work with other departments to assist in delivering the materials, manufacture, test, and commissioning of systems as required, as well as interfacing with customers to ensure their requirements are met.
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following)
- Demonstrate involvement, learning and personal development
- Understanding of Company products, projects, and processes
- Ensure technical solutions conform to relevant specifications and standards
- Ensure the timely delivery of agreed scopes of supply
- Work with others to ensure the highest quality, performance and safety of supplied solutions
- Generate documentation to allow design, manufacture, test, install, operation & maintenance
- Compliance of deliverables with company QA/QC requirements
- The majority of the work to be undertaken will be at the Great Yarmouth facility. However, occasions may require site working (commissioning, testing or support) both in the UK and overseas including offshore environments, where direct liaison with the client is also undertaken on behalf of the company.
Good level of personal fitness to enable job holder to maintain offshore survival certificate in addition to a valid UK driving license and passport.
Engineering qualification in an electrical/electronic controls or energy subject.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
Understanding of software development practices including documentation.
Understanding of automation equipment SCADA/PLC/RTU programming/design.
Understanding of electrical/electronic equipment and application.
Proven track record in an automation design/build related environment.
Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and other departments.
Ability to work unsupervised.
Ability to prioritise workload.
Ability to work as part of a team.
Ability to self-motivate and motivate others to achieve a common objective.
Ability to work within time-cost constraints.
Ability to self-teach from various sources.
High level of self-discipline and pride to be reflected in quality of work.
Understanding of hazardous area equipment selection/installation/ maintenance.
Knowledge of automation systems, specifically communication equipment selection/installation.
Knowledge of C, C++, VB programming and web design tools.
Knowledge of design/manufacture of SIL rated equipment.
Involvement in SCADA/PLC manufacturer specific training programs.
On-site/offshore commissioning and/or fault finding.