Technique Recruitment Solutions
CAD Draughtsperson/ Design Engineer
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist engineering and manufacturing recruitment company located in Norfolk. We are working with a local manufacturer who has a new opportunity for a CAD Draughtsperson/ Design Engineer based in Norfolk
Our client is one of the UK’s leading providers of high- quality cleaning equipment and products and is well regarded across its customer base, having grown and developed from its initial establishment in 1983.
It designs and manufactures its own range of high- pressure water washers; water jetting equipment and permanently installed factory hygiene systems. There are two further divisions specialising in brewery equipment and bin washing equipment
A substantial expansion of our Acle facility has recently been completed and to help deliver continued business growth an opportunity has arisen for an experienced design engineer/ draughtsman to join the team at our manufacturing site at Acle, near Norwich.
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to gain further experience and apply their knowledge to the continued development of the company’s product range of cleaning systems and equipment, including the COMMANDO range of manufactured equipment and more specialist projects/installs.
Further training and development will be available for the right person.
· Assisting with the design, layout and co-ordination of new products and systems, together with the enhancement and on-going development of existing products.
· Liaison with sales department and customers, understand and assimilate customers’ requirements.
· Working with manufacturing and assembly departments to ensure successful construction and delivery of final products.
· Working within, and assisting to further develop, the Company’s combined ISO accredited Quality and Environmental Management systems (QMS/EMS).
· Helping to ensure that products and activities covered by the role are safe and legally compliant
· Surveying, design, drawing and costing of customer’s enquiries
· Production of supporting documentation
• Survey, design and costing to produce final specifications and quotations in support of the Project Design Engineer.
• Production of detailed development and manufacturing drawings using the company’s Autodesk CAD system, 2D and 3D.
• Production of material and labour requirements and working with other Hugh Crane staff to ensure these are scheduled and obtained to ensure on time delivery of the final product.
• Assisting with Machinery Risk Assessments to ensure the safety of products which are designed/produced.
• Working with other Hugh Crane staff/departments to ensure customers’ and design requirements are achieved within the manufactured product/system.
• Production of handbooks, detailed documentation and technical data/technical files in line with prevailing legislation.
• Detailed product/system testing to ensure verification of all safety and operational features.
• Support for on-site installation/commissioning work and ongoing customer needs
• To assist the Project Design Engineer in meeting the ongoing needs of the company and other matters which may arise from time to time.
Based at Acle with a willingness to travel across the company’s principal operating area of the East of England, with occasional visits anywhere in the UK involving overnight stays.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• An interest and aptitude toward all things mechanical/electrical.
• Possession of an engineering related qualification – HNC, HND or degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, or an equivalent level of knowledge.
• Ideally 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Understanding of and ability to produce computerised 2D & 3D drawings using Autodesk.
• Ability to learn, understand and apply key safety and legislative requirements including particularly the Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regulations; Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations; Electricity at Work Regulations.
• Current UK driving licence