Technique Recruitment Solutions
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist engineering & manufacturing recruitment company based in Norwich. We are proud to be working with our long term client who are a global machinery manufacturer based in Norwich who have a new opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join their business
This role will be reporting to the Director of Commercial Operations with Direct Reports to include Commercial Analyst, Pricing and Contract Specialist and the Key Contacts include Leadership and Management Groups, Customer Service, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain, Engineering and Sales & Service Agents.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in a similar role within a global manufacturer
Key Performance Indicators
• Accurate, timely and consistent provision of reports as agreed from time to time.
• Timely generation and review of pricing analysis and requests through the None Standard Terms Waiver (NSTW) process.
• Timely review and approval of pricing analysis for New Product Development (NPD) in line with agreed project timelines.
• Management of the Market Management Groups (MMG) meetings and timely / accurate provision of associated information.
• Timely completion of required commercial actions as agreed in MMG meetings.
• Manage risk through planned reviews and update of the company’s customer contracts and through governance, controls and training on contract and pricing processes.
• Ensuring policy and procedure compliance in line with company directives.
• Continuous development of people through management of performance and individual development plans.
• Active participation in management groups focused on the ROW business;
• Provision of commercial guidance and support on the ROW Market Management Groups;
• Manage daily company contract and pricing operations;
• Manage, and continually seek to improve, the process of evaluation, communication, review and approval of requests for exceptions to approved pricing, including the preparation of NSTW’s for Company ROW markets;
• Manage the process of customer contract template review, drafting and issue (including legal assessment and sign off of terms & conditions) for all ROW markets to make sure they stay relevant and make recommendations for necessary changes;
• Develop and manage a process of internal audit of customer performance again contract and work with Sales to recommend actions to address underperforming accounts.
• Work with regional sales teams to assess opportunities to grow the business, through new initiatives, and works to take advantage of those opportunities;
• Manage and continuously seek to improve the process of price list evaluation and indexation
• Develop and manage a process of internal audit of company systems relating to contract and price management;
• Manage and maintain documentation for commercial and economic arrangements with key sales and service agents in ROW markets;
• Facilitate business process and core ERP system re-engineering and improvement;
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Serves as a company manager, overseeing day-to-day commercial and contract administration operations focusing on the long-term interests of the business.
• Working with the sales and customer service teams to evaluate new business opportunities and existing contracts.
• Work with key stakeholders to manage and develop the Company’s CRM system;
• Initiate, organise and execute development of “dashboard” reporting of key sales and commercial metrics to support business decision making;
• Maintain through periodic review and update as required, business process documentation for contract admin, pricing and commercial functions in support of the Company’s quality systems;
• Analyse sales and other reports to provide insight into opportunities to improve Company performance;
• Provide periodic analysis and reports by market area on underlying customer performance against contracted terms;
• Resolves issues with contracts, pricing and commercial operations;
• Work with key stakeholders in the communication of terms and details on customer contracts;
• Assess risks and make recommendations related to areas of responsibility, based on a thorough analysis of all factors involved in a business situation;
• Continuously assess performance of, and provided develop opportunities of direct reports;
• Manage the programme of training and coaching of employees and overseas contract admin personnel on best practices for administering contract and pricing issues and handling daily queries and tasks;
• Accepts extra duties as situations arise, and/or as reasonably requested;
• Work with colleagues and external associates to ensure that all tasks assigned are completed to a high degree of accuracy and meet the deadlines issued. Provide leadership and supports to others both internally and externally using all resources and skills available to assist them in achieving their objectives. Provide guidance and assistance and if necessary cover in other areas wherever possible to help relieve bottlenecks and assist in the smooth completion of daily work processes.
• To abide by all statutory requirements including those relating to health and safety.
• To ensure you read, understand and fulfil your responsibilities under the Company’s equal opportunities policy in place from time to time.
• To adhere to and promote all company policies and procedures in place from time to time including those relating to HR and health and safety
• To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Line Manager
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience
• High level of computer, numeracy and literacy skills demonstrated by GCSE or equivalent English and Mathematics qualifications.
• Proven record of leadership, team building and decision making skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of project and risk management
• Effective listening and communication skills.
• Analytical – ability to collect and researches data, using intuition and knowledge.
• Well-developed problem solving skills – gather and analyse information, and find solutions to the problem.
• Presents numerical data in an understandable and meaningful format to facilitate effective communication.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Demonstrate an ability and willingness to adapt to new tasks or responsibilities as reasonably requested.
• Show initiative and be prepared to make decisions in areas of responsibility based on job knowledge and experience.
• Consistently demonstrates a customer focus and an ability and skill to effectively and consistently deal with customers’ needs and requirements effectively and without crisis or conflict.
The company are offering a competitive and excellent benefits package to include
Auto enrolment pension after 3 months, employees cont. 2.5% employers cont. 10%
Companywide profit share scheme, potentially dependant on company profit 10% of salary.