Technique Recruitment Solutions
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist engineering recruiter based in Norfolk. We are working on behalf of a leading engineering manufacturer based near Great Yarmouth.
This is a unique opportunity for a talented, ambitious individual to join a leading company within the recreational boating industry. They are seeking someone with a proven ability to turn
ideas into commercially viable products. This role has career advancement potential and the opportunity to work on products across our product portfolio.
As a Design Engineer, you will drive projects across a broad range of product divisions. You will contribute to all phases of the product development process, applying your knowledge to
engineer product solutions to a high level of design excellence and innovation.
Skills and Experience
- Commercial design engineering experience
- Proven ability to execute and deliver projects within budget and on time
- Good understanding of mechanical engineering principles, proficient in solving problems and detailing mechanisms and assemblies
- A strong understanding of manufacturing processes, including casting, forging, extrusions, machining, injection moulding and metal fabrication
- Have a working knowledge for specifying correct use of gears and bearings
- An appreciation of drive systems incorporating AC/DC motors and hydraulic systems
- Strong 3D CAD skills, preferably Creo or Solidworks
- Good materials knowledge
- Experienced in prototyping and testing
- Ability to think conceptually and communicate ideas clearly
- Ambition and drive to take charge and manage projects
- A team player, ready to support the demands of engineering projects
- Pro-active with a positive, can-do attitude is a must
- Willingness to walk the floor and work with colleagues building product
* Valid passport as some travel overseas may be necessary as and when a project requires
* Clean driving license
* Degree or HND in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent