Technique Recruitment Solutions
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist engineering and manufacturing recruitment company based in Norfolk. We are proud to be working alongside a Norwich based manufacturer who are seeking an Electrical/Electronic Engineer to join their growing business
Key Performance Indicators
Timely completion of tasks and projects: Tasks and project should be completed in the timeframe agreed with the engineering manager.
Accuracy of documentation: Documentation should be free from errors and in accordance with appropriate standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, redesign, layout and detail as necessary products, assemblies and components.
- Check drawings for form, fit, function, tolerance and conformance to sound design practice and documentation standards. Undertaking joint responsibility for ensuring the quality of engineering documentation.
- Design and develop improvements to existing equipment and processes including the preparation of cost estimates and engineering change orders when required.
- Creating, carrying out and documenting functional test plans to verify system performance to the agreed specification.
- Support the implementation of new or modified products, processes, and equipment in manufacturing; supports the training of the manufacturing and service teams.
- Create and contribute to the creation of new concepts and system designs including specification documents.
- Manage individual workload in line with the company priorities.
- Troubleshoot and fault find machine issues to identify component or design failures, proposing solutions when required.
- Evaluate designs for compliance to applicable standards and carry out or participate in machine risk assessments.
- Lead projects to include creating, maintaining, and communicating project plans assisting to resolve slippages and conflicts.
- Liaise independently with other internal departments, external suppliers and customers to identify and resolve issues and potential improvements.
- Oversight and management of engineering consultants, vendors, and industry experts to develop and improve new and existing products and technologies
- Conduct and document design reviews with other internal departments, external suppliers and customers.
- Conduct prototype build, in-house and/or field tests for new or redesigned products, designing tests and drafting reports findings.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or an equivalent combination of work and experience.
Demonstrable experience working in a senior engineering role
Development and troubleshooting on industrial machinery and electrical systems.
Exposure to the full system development lifecycle.
Experience in managing engineering consultants and working directly with suppliers and manufacturers.
- Proficient with electrical circuit design for small scale automated industrial machines operating at voltages up to 1000V.
- Proficient in creation of design documentation including electrical CAD, and drafting Schematics.
- Excellent fault finding and problem solving skills.
- Creation of machine and system specifications.
- Translation of system specifications into system architecture and machine design.
- Able to interpret and apply applicable regulations and standards.
- Creating functional test plans and Performing these tests.
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal, and oral and written communications skills.
The company offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package