Technique Recruitment Solutions
Job Title: Engineering Support Technician
My client have an opening for an Engineering Support Technician at its location in Haverhill Suffolk.
Their products include specialty fiber optic connectivity and fiber optic assembly solutions.
These focus on hermetically sealed optical sub-systems and high efficiency laser and detector coupling products. Applications range from traditional fibre optic networking to oil and gas, industrial, nuclear, space and military.
They offer is design, develop, prototype and mass produce a wide range technology leading, high reliability products for its clients and their specialty applications worldwide.
The Engineering Support Technician will predominantly support the Manufacturing Engineering team in providing hands-on activities including equipment repairs, checks and maintenance, fault finding of equipment and products/processes as well as support any testing activities as required. In addition, the Engineering Support Technician will support completion of technical test or process documentation in line with company control procedures and assist in analytical tasks. The Engineering Support Technician will also provide support ad-hoc support as required to any Quality or Development Engineering tasks and activities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
· Carry out routine equipment/tooling maintenance checks and fault-finding activities
· Support proactive process improvement activities
· Assist and support the drafting of process documentation as required
· Generate test documentation and files
· Conduct process improvement trials as required
· Support any testing activities for regular process/product validation and fault-finding
· Assist in analytical tasks such as yield improvement activities
· Provide hands-on support to engineering teams (i.e., Manufacturing, Quality and Development)
· Degree educated in an engineering discipline or equivalent ideally with some hands on experience OR a minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Engineering support Technician or similar
· Good analytical skills, data analysis and presentation
· A flexible and positive attitude
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· The ability to work closely with others is imperative, requiring strong team participation to achieve objectives
· Be self-motivated and have the ability to work on your own initiative
· An understanding of ISO2001:2015 standards or equivalent
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist engineering recruitment company based in Norfolk