Technique Recruitment Solutions
Technique Recruitment Solutions specialises in recruitment for manufacturing industries across East Anglia and has an exciting opportunity for an Export Manager to join their team. This permanent position is well suited to an individual to manage the downward supply chain that provides shipping of company products to it’s customers. The role will be responsible for managing a team of 4 Export Coordinators as direct reports so management experience is key in addition to extensive Export industry experience. As well as a competitive salary the company offer an excellent benefits package.
Other Key Accountabilities
Continuously monitor and manage approved carriers to meet or exceed customer delivery expectations and oversee the importation of company products and production materials as required
Ensuring compliance at all times with all legislation and regulative requirements related to the shipping, import and export of goods in company markets.
Manage and develop the Export team; setting individual objectives, monitoring performance, conducting regular team meetings and ensure all Human Resource policies are followed and requirements met ensuring world-class, customer focussed performance at all times.
Identify and implement alternative market strategies to improve the service to the customer and work with the wider organisation to meet agreed objectives and key performance measures.
Develop a functional business plan for Export, managing change where appropriate, coordinating, implementing and training on policies and procedures encompassing all aspects of the export function to meet agreed corporate objectives and driving continuous improvement.
Manage relevant/required information systems in the form of computer database records and agreed paper systems.
Develop and manage department and freight cost budgets and forecasts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure shipments are prioritised and pre-planned where possible, with reference to the master production schedule, production management and Customer Service.
- Ensure the export team arrange and carry out all logistics/shipping activities, including the safe and secure packaging of Sinclair products to specification, working closely with the Health and Safety team to ensure compliance at all times with all health & safety/COSHH requirements.
- Monitoring compliance with all legislation and regulative requirements related to shipping, import and export of goods in company’s markets, communicating and initiating change in business systems and process as needed.
- Manage the processing of sales orders, despatch and shipping documentation via the prevailing business systems, carrier specific systems where appropriate, and where necessary with manually generated documents.
- Manage supplier relationships with regards to import and export services ensuring appropriate levels of cost and service are maintained at all times.
- Work with sales and customer service to assist in the management of client relationships and ensuring all complaints relating to delivery are managed timely and appropriate manner.
Monitoring customer feedback to maintain the highest levels of customer service.
- Work with the market management groups to develop market plans to support commercial growth.
- Liaise and advise internally on all matters of delivery and associated cost.
- Manage the Export team and conduct regular team meetings and ensure all Human Resource requirements are completed (including but not limited to appraisals and individual
- Ensure all deliveries and collections are conducted in a timely manner, reporting and providing corrective actions on any exceptions.
- Collaborate with customer service, sales and operations colleagues to ensure export service levels are being met.
- Drive continuous improvement in department and cross functional business processes affecting Export and downward supply chain.
- Coordinate with planning and supply chain management and finance to assist in the creation of financial budgets and forecasts.
- Maintain relevant/required information systems in the form of computer database records and paper systems.
The successful candidate will have proven experience of managing or supervising in an international export/import position, including monitoring performance and setting/managing objectives. Ideally within a manufacturing environment. A recognised qualification in team leadership or management is beneficial
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist engineering and manufacturing recruitment company based in Norfolk