Technique Recruitment Solutions
Import/Export Shipping Coordinator – Norwich
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist engineering recruitment company working on behalf of a global leading engineering manufacturer based in Norwich. They have a new opportunity for an Export/Import Shipping Coordinator on a temporary contract based in Norwich.
The primary role of the Export & Import Shipping Coordinator is the coordination of shipping of Machines, Machine Parts (Spares, Additions and miscellaneous despatch’s) and Labels utilising approved carriers to meet customer delivery expectations. The role also includes importation of Machines, Machine Parts, Labels & other commodities, as required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the Export & Import Shipping Coordinator shall include; but not be limited to the following:
- Pre-plan shipments where possible, with reference to the master production schedule and production management.
- Arrange the logistics/shipping, including the packing (where applicable) of products to specifications agreed with Engineering, to customer/agents world-wide on a day to day basis.
- Process sales orders, despatch and shipping documentation via E1 and using carrier specific systems where appropriate, together with manually generated documents as required.
- Liaise and advise internally on matters of delivery, cost and shipping related queries, including the reconciliation of invoices.
- Where necessary, expedite, reroute and provide proof of delivery to meet customers’ requirements & communicate this accordingly.
- Arrange timely collections of equipment, parts or labels from customers as required.
- Maintain relevant/required information systems in the form of computer database records and paper systems.
The successful candidate will demonstrate previous experience of working in an international export/import position with knowledge of international import/export legislation.
You will have experience working with ERP/MRP systems within a manufacturing environment
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist engineering and manufacturing recruitment company based in Norfolk