Technique Recruitment Solutions
Frontline Maintenance Engineer required in Norwich
* Basic £33,726
* OTE £36,000
* Full time hours
Our Norwich based client, a large manufacturing business in Norwich, who are a well established Design & Manufacturing Company is looking for a Frontline Maintenance Engineer to join their team.
The role has responsibility for the maintenance and repair of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and electronic machinery, Finishing Machines, an Ancillary Equipment. This includes all fault finding .
The post holder is also responsible for carrying out service tests and checks and planned maintenance on vital systems on all plant machinery.
They have responsibility for ensuring high standards of safety measures are maintained, whilst carrying out machinery repairs including cordoning off machinery, and ensuring that all machinery and equipment is safe for both operators and engineers to work on.
Working alongside the Senior Maintenance Engineers, Production personnel and the Design team to provide engineering expertise where required, in supporting the installation and setup of new equipment for projects and production improvements, that meet customer requirements.
Responsibilities for the Frontline Maintenance:
* Ensuring all activities undertaken are Safety critical, and work is carried out to Safety and COSHH standards.
* Risk assessments are carried out individually on electrical disconnections, and that all Solating hydraulic systems and Electrical cabinets are checked.
* Following SOP’s (standard operating procedure) where equipment and/or parts for a machine have to be removed, and ensuring the electrics have been isolated, where required.
* Ensuring when repairs are carried out, in cases where the machine has to be ‘locked off’ before commencing any maintenance repairs . hydraulic pumps this is undertaken.
* Fault finding and using diagnostic techniques, which may include carrying out major strip downs of machinery, to determine what repairs and service need to be carried out.
* Carrying out Electrical and Electronic repairs using a multi-meters to test electrical components and diagnose faults. Replacing and repairing electrical components where necessary and carrying out the installation of said electrical components.
* Responsible for Hydraulic/Pneumatics repairs, using schematic diagrams to identify faults.
* Repairing and replacing valves, seals, pistons, motors and pumps that can require either electrical or mechanical repairs.
* Maintain, repair and setup Ancillary and Finishing equipment, which will include Grinders, Blenders, Conveyor Belts, Robots, Closing devices, Wadders and Assembly machines to ensure optimum performance and efficient running of production is maintained.
* Carrying out visual checks and servicing of cooling systems, replenish oil in machinery and drain down systems and refill.
* Undertaking plastic and metal fabrication, welding and repairing of broken guards and fabrication of parts on milling, turning and grinding machines. Use of TIG, Gas and MMA welding techniques as the job requires.
* Communicate with Contractors and Engineering Stores to ensure that stock and parts required are replenished and available.
* Completion of paperwork and associated documentation accurately for all service, repair and maintenance carried out on machinery.
* Installation of new machinery and the movement of machinery within the factory ensuring all Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic installations are carried out. Installing and fitting blender and material systems.
* Fitting supply sockets . conveyors, grinders, modification of chutes, machining parts as required.
* Providing support and advice to the Planned Maintenance team on new tasks that arise outside their general knowledge and experience.
* Supporting apprentices in mechanical, electrical and safety practices and provides support as part of their ‘in house’ training support programme.
* Liaising with Production Staff to agree dates and times when a machine can be released for Maintenance.
* Any other responsible duties as required by the Engineering Shift Supervisor that falls within the scope of this role and the department
Qualifications and experience Required for this Frontline Maintenance role:
* C&G Electrical and Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent . EITB
* GCSE standard education in English, Maths and Physics
* NVQ Level 3 in both Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering
* HNC (min) in Mechanical Engineering and/or Electrical engineering or equivalent
* minimum of 3 years’ experience of working with manufacturing equipment and machinery which includes pneumatics and hydraulics
The company currently operates the following standard shift patterns:
* Monday to Friday 2 Shift (Week 1 – 06:00 to 14:00. Week 2 – 14:00 to 22:00)
On successful completion of 6 month’s service, which includes a three month probationary period, the salary would increase to £36256.07. Then there are yearly increments up to a set agreed level.
The business have been operating continuously throughout the recent C-19 pandemic and have taken all the necessary precautions to ensure the utmost safety of their staff at all times, adopting government guidelines throughout the entire site.
If you have the skills and experience required, please submit a copy of your CV straight away to be considered
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist engineering recruitment company based in Norfolk