Technique Recruitment Solutions
Job Title: Heating Element Technician
Salary: Up to £10 Per-Hour
Heating Element Technician
Our client is a globally renowned designer and manufacturer of electric process heating and control systems and have a new exciting permanent role for a Heating Element Technician.
Primary Purpose of Job:
* Ensures that all Health, Safety, and Fire & Environment policies are adhered to at all times.* Ensures that all Risk, COSHH and Manual Handling Assessments adhered to at all times.
* Ensure that all machining of equipment & parts is in accordance with the Quality System and Quality Policy.
* Perform Goods inwards inspection requirements (quantity counting, dimensional, PMI & electrical checks) on receipt of element supply in accordance with procedures and complete relevant documentation for processing by the Quality Inspector.
* Liaising with the Project Engineers, Production Heater Planner, Purchasing and Stores to ensure that completion dates meet Project deadlines.
* Catalogue elements and consumable batches onto a spreadsheet and store until needed.
* Maintain physical traceability and location records of all heating elements through stock retention and sealing processes. Responsibility for stock preservation.
* Place elements into the oven and seal in accordance with procedures
* Ensure / inspect conformity cleanliness of sealing output (visual inspection) and sealing consumables (temporary and insulating beads condition / cleanliness).
* Identify and report any quality trends related to heating elements subcontracted across a varied supplier base.
* Print route cards for element sealing.
* Report jobs as finished.
* Store spare elements and scrap surplus elements, whilst updating records.
* Carry out Forklift Duties when required for Production as directed by line management or supervisors.
* Supervise a clean down of the Element preparation and storage areas 30 mins prior to cease work on the last working day of each week.
Ensure all scrap wood is placed in the Wood Skip in the yard as needed.
* The Employee shall devote the whole of his/her time, attention and skill to his/her duties hereunder and in addition such other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required of him/her for the proper and efficient running of the Employer’s business.
* The management reserves the right to make changes and additions to this job description and the role holder understands and acknowledges that this document is not exhaustive.
Knowledge, skills and experience
* Knowledge of Heater manufacturing principles.
* Knowledge of Sealing Processes.
* Good organisational skills
* Excellent verbal communication skills.
* Experience of carrying out quality control procedures.
* Computer literate
* Experienced with MS Office products
* Familiar with AX / MRP systems
* Ability to understand engineering drawings both electrical and mechanical.
* Experience working in an engineering / manufacturing environment.
* Desired minimum Level 2 Qualification in an engineering/quality manufacturing discipline.