Technique Recruitment Solutions
Job Title: IT Manager
Technique Recruitment Solutions have an exciting new opportunity for a IT Manager to join a well-established and internationally accredited systems integration company.
Our client undertake the complete design and supply of skid mounted and packaged equipment for the oil, gas and power industries, gas turbine producers and EPC companies.
We are seeking an experienced IT Manager who will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks at our Ely office and supporting our workshop in Swansea.
This will include installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solving technical and applications problems, either over the phone, via remote access or in person.
• Staff – Manage, support, motivate and develop the IT Support Technician to meet the Group requirements, including objective setting, team building, performance appraisals, discipline, morale, recruitment, and training requirements.
• Strategy & Operational Policies & Procedures – Aligned with the business requirements of the Group, define, develop, and implement IT strategies, policies, and procedures to cover all aspects of the IT Service, including those for infrastructure, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing etc.
• Business Projects – Form, build and maintain relationships with internal business managers within the Group to understand their requirements. Offer advice and ensure any IT related tasks within their Business Projects are also completed within specification, to satisfactory quality, on time and within budget.
• Security – Manage and monitor perimeter defences (email gateways, firewalls, remote access gateways, wireless access points, door access), back office (servers, core network switches) and endpoints (desktops, laptops, mobile phones, workgroup switches). Make recommendations for improving security.
• Purchasing – Authorised to make IT purchases up to pre-agreed limits or raise purchase requests in accordance with company procedures.
• External Suppliers – Form, build and maintain relationships with external IT Consultants and third-party suppliers, negotiate contracts to obtain and implement relevant technologies at competitive prices with a high level of service
Supporting & maintaining the following systems:
• Endpoint Security: Sophos Intercept X with EDR, Sophos Connect SSL VPN
• Email Security: Mimecast secure gateway, Advanced Threat Protection, Security Awareness training and Archiving. Legacy Mailstore archive application still used for historic emails.
• Office 365 admin portal including admin centers for Security, Compliance, Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, AzureAD & Endpoint Manager
• Business Applications: Sage 200 Finance/Manufacturing, CRM & Payroll, AutoDesk Vault Professional, AutoDesk PDM, AEC & Fusion 360 products
• PCs: Microsoft Windows 7 & 10
• Fibre/Cat6 Ethernet cabling infrastructure
• Ubiquiti Unifi Wi-Fi solution, plus some Zyxel
• Printers, Scanners, Photocopiers & Plotters including Managed Print through PaperCut
• Hardware and software auditing plus IT Support ticketing solution using Lansweeper
• Mobile Phones: Apple iPhone & Samsung Galaxy
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Good technical skills
• Team working skills
• Organisation and time management
• Good prioritisation skills and flexibility to adapt plans
• Confidence in decision-making
• An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints
• Interpersonal and communication skills at all levels
• Proactive attitude
• Ability to remain calm under pressure.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a similar technical discipline is preferred, coupled with a minimum of 7 years of IT experience.
We offer a modern, completely refurbished and spacious working environment with free staff parking, close to Ely rail station. Other benefits include 25 days annual leave, pension contribution and optional healthcare.