Technique Recruitment Solutions
Our client is a global engineering manufacturer based in Norwich. They have a new opportunity for an IT Support Technician to work from Norwich, supporting and liaising with their teams in Italy. As well as a competitive salary the company offers an excellent benefits package to include profit share.
The main purpose of the role will be to ensure the company’s global Infrastructure is stable and performs to optimum levels by observing best practice standards. You will provide the highest levels of ‘customer’ service by responding in a timely and professional manner to user issues reported to the Helpdesk and will ensure IT team objectives are achieved by participating and collaborating with colleagues in the UK & US.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide Technical Support for Global IT Server & Network Infrastructures and users.
- Perform daily housekeeping and system administration tasks.
- Research, suggest and when requested, undertake activity to improve reliability, stability, scalability and performance of the customer platforms and applications.
- Participate in providing 1st, 2nd and where possible, 3rd line IT Customer Support services to ensure problem resolution within agreed targets.
- Participate in providing user training and familiarisation workshops.
- Collaborate with other IT/IS members in the UK and US to assist knowledge sharing and education.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of IT & IS technologies, products and services in general
The successful candidate will possess in depth knowledge of IT in general with demonstrable hands on knowledge in technologies used by the company (Microsoft)
You will have a good working knowledge of best practice IT operations including familiarity with client equipment, servers, tape libraries and general software technologies
The ideal candidate will be competent in the use of general office software (eg Outlook, Word Processing, Spreadsheet, databases etc).
Desirable skills will include:
Symantec Backup Exec
Client machine image deployment software
Basic data networking technologies and practices
Mobile device setup and administration
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist engineering recruitment company based in Norfolk