Technique Recruitment Solutions
TITLE: Junior CAD Engineer with 2D & 3D
BASED: North West of Norwich City Centre
SALARY: £10.55 hr starting pay.
JOB PURPOSE: To Design custom product solutions with CAD software in both 2D and 3D formats for production in on-site manufacturing facility. Design solutions will be developed through close liaison with customers and in accordance with agreed design principles and procedures. 3D Images will be produced to support proposals to customers and assist in development of new product ranges.
SALARY BAND (dependant on experience)
HOURS: Basic hours 9:00am – 6:00pm Mon – Fri lunch 1:00-1:30pm
Due to seasonal variations within the business these hours are regularly extended in the Winter, or may be reduced in the Summer.
HOLIDAYS: 32 days per annum, including 8 days for public holidays, 3 or 4 days to be taken over Christmas shut-down
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTIBILITIES:
· Produce custom product designs for quotation support and product manufacture using 2D and 3D Autocad in accordance with agreed design principles and procedures.
· Produce `works orders’ to communicate design and component specification to production functions and external suppliers
· Product design and `works orders’ must be undertaken in accordance with agreed design principles and procedures defined in company manual
· Support and contribute to a team effort for continuous product improvement and enhancement
· To carry out direct sales activities from incoming customer enquiries
· To liaise directly with customers and suppliers to establish requirements, develop design solutions and specifications including occasional off-site visits to assess requirements at first hand.
· To raise, communicate and negotiate product quotations through use of software packages in line with procedures outlined in the company handbook and approval of senior staff.
· To maintain customer and supplier enquiry records and ensure an excellent level of customer service is offered at all times
· A methodical and logical approach to work with a technical aptitude and good problem solving ability
· Mature approach, credible, and comfortable in dealing with colleagues, suppliers and customers alike.
· Adaptable, reliable, tolerant, and determined.
· Good communication skills.
· Well presented with an understanding of good business practices and ethics.
· Sufficiently mobile and flexible to occasionally travel to customers both within and outside the UK when required.
· Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability.
· Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
· Self-driven with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business success
· Able to commute reliably to office base.
· Able to spend one or two nights away per month if required
· Must have a flexible approach to working hours and be able to work extended hours on occasions when required.
· Must have clean or near clean driving license.
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS:
· Must have a good knowledge of AutoCAD 2D and a working knowledge of 3D CAD
· Good communication skills – able to communicate verbally and via written media.
· Understands the principles of design and engineering.
· Able to work to dead-lines
· Must be adept in use of AutoCAD 2D and have knowledge of 3D software packages
· Working knowledge of Microsoft packages – particularly Excel, Word, Internet and email. Additional Computer-based knowledge would be an advantage
LITERACY AND NUMERACY:
• Able to understand basic business finance concepts and calculations. Must be a competent writer of business emails, quotations and proposals.
BUSINESS AND SELLING SKILLS:
· Ideally must be an excellent telephone communicator of technical data with ability to deal face-to-face with customers.
· Able to demonstrate success and experience in a technical sales related background.
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist engineering & manufacturing recruitment company based in Norfolk