Technique Recruitment Solutions
Lean Manufacturing Engineer
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist engineering recruiter based in Norfolk. We are working on behalf of a leading bespoke engineering manufacturer based North of Norwich employing around 200 staff. They have built an international reputation for designing, manufacturing and installing products of unsurpassed excellence and continue to be a leader in their field. They have a new opportunity for a Lean Manufacturing Engineer to join their team
The role will suit someone with a background in Lean Manufacturing who can influence, inspire, and drive a grass roots cultural shift towards Lean Manufacturing. This role is perfect for a driven performer who has a background in Continuous Improvement and collaboration within a manufacturing environment. The role will require flexibility, energy, enthusiasm, and resilience while demonstrating a Passionate about Winning attitude. The successful candidate will help drive the business objective of every member of staff understanding what good looks like. The Candidate will look to drive the company’s “just fix it” mentality sharing best practice across the group. The role will help to identify improvement opportunities, effectively deploying Lean Methodologies, business process assessment, planning, facilitation and execution of Kaizen events. The candidate will help the improvement of standard operating procedures removing variation from the process.
· Drive the use of process improvements throughout the business
· Support the installation of SQCDP and the methodologies across site
· Audit areas to maintain change
· Assist in ways to Poka Yoke failures within the process
· Run problem solving strategies using Lean techniques
· Time and motion studies
· Collecting and analysing data
· Minimum green belt in Six Sigma or equivalent.
· Proven experience in a similar role
· Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
· Experience of working within the glass industry desirable but not essential
· Engineering back would be preferred
· A full understanding of 5s and SQCDP
· Good understanding of change management within a factory environment
· Proven ability to run multiple projects simultaneously
· Display positive mindset and be able to deal with push backs at all levels
· Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to connect with team members to drive successful outcomes.