Technique Recruitment Solutions
Job Title: Manufacturing Manager
My client have an opening for an experienced Manufacturing Manager at its location in Haverhill Suffolk.
Their products include specialty fiber optic connectivity and fiber optic assembly solutions.
These focus on hermetically sealed optical sub-systems and high efficiency laser and detector coupling products. Applications range from traditional fibre optic networking to oil and gas, industrial, nuclear, space and military.
They design, develop, prototype and mass produce a wide range technology leading, high reliability products for its clients and their specialty applications worldwide.
To manage the Manufacturing of both new and mature volume products to meet stringent customer expectations of delivery timescales, cost and reliability. Leading a team of Manufacturing Team Leaders, Technicians and manufacturing engineers, to champion programs of continuous improvements for processes, yields and overall cost reductions, whilst maintaining world class customer satisfaction.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
· Set, monitor, fulfil and report on Manufacturing KPI’s.
· Management responsibility for the Manufacturing department and all its employees.
· Planning the resource, tooling, space and equipment requirements for all Manufactured products.
· Liaise with other departments accordingly to coordinate material requirements.
· Manage the yield improvement activities, continuously improving in-line build yields to meet objectives.
· Set targets and monitor output to ensure objectives are met.
· Management of the Manufacturing Engineering team.
· Support company objectives including OTIF.
· Review and sign off engineering drawings and process documentation, managing and monitoring manufacture to specification.
· Manage the training program of manufacturing and manufacturing engineering persnnel ensuring adherence to a strict criteria and ensuring records are updated as appropriate.
Identify training opportunities and ensure effective cross-training is achieved.
· Manage and continually review cost and cycle time, planning and implementing reductions in cycle time by process improvements and equipment improvements.
· Monitor and review the performance of staff, conducting performance reviews and managing improvements as required.
· Ensure compliance to health and safety standards and ISO standards.
· Degree in an engineering discipline with management experience.
· A strong manufacturing improvement background.
· Excellent verbal and written communication, management and leadership skills.
· Good analytical, data analysis and presentation skills.
· Sound grasp of critical statistical techniques applied to continuous improvement programs
· Ability to manage multiple projects effectively and efficiently.
· Strong team player, both within department and with other department peers yet capable of independent and creative thinking.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Manufacturing Manager in a high-tech Manufacturing Engineering environment.
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist engineering recruitment company based in Norfolk