Technique Recruitment Solutions
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist Engineering & Manufacturing recruitment company working with our client who are a one of the biggest names in luxury yacht building!
MARINE ELECTRICIAN – Electrical Department – Looming
The Marine Electrician would be expected to have very good experience within the marine sector.
Reporting directly to their Team Leader, with the ability to assist other members of the electrical team plus liaise with various departments when required.
PRINCIPAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary responsibly will be to build and test looms and AC/DC distribution panels, to a high standard.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
Build, assemble and test wiring looms, harnesses, junction boxes, AC/DC distribution panels and electrical hardware. Able to read, interpret and follow detailed electrical drawings, as well as schematic drawings.
Ability to work on own initiative and with other trades within the boatbuilding environment.
* Able to read and interpret electrical drawings
* Experience of wiring harness and electrical distribution panel assembly
* Knowledge of AC/DC systems and AV and NAV systems
* Ability to work with different voltages (international)
* Practical and pragmatic approach to testing, fault finding and problem solving
* Ability to solder to a high standard
* Plan work in conjunction with other trades
* Time orientated individual, with good organisational skills and aptitude for applying technical knowledge
* Ability to use ladders safely, work on uneven levels and in confined spaces, etc.
* Hard working, truthful and conscientious at all times
* To be a valued member of the electrical team and undertake any other duties that may assist the department
* Ability to operate hand tools and bench mounted tools correctly and safely
* A methodical approach with exceptional attention to detail
* Experience within a similar role for at least 2 years
* Experience of Deutsch crimp terminations/cable processing equipment – cut/strip/crimp automation
* Good IT skills for access to PC’s and ‘online’ information
This job description is indicative of the range of current duties and responsibilities for the post and should not be considered as comprehensive. It is inevitable, that duties will occasionally change to meet the needs and circumstances of the business. Any such changes will be discussed in detail with the post holder.
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist engineering recruitment company based in Norfolk