Technique Recruitment Solutions
Job Title: Operations Shift Engineer (Chocolate)
Operations Shift Engineer
This role, Operations Engineer, is to be based out of their head office and chocolate factory in Fakenham. This is a permanent full-time role, working on a 4 on 4 off shift rotations (6am-6pm and vice versa)
As an Operations Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring that all breakdowns are responded to and corrective actions are in place, as well as ensuring that all planned maintenance is carried out to specified standards and within allocated timeframes.
They are seeking a proactive, multi-skilled Engineer, who can demonstrate excellent communication skills and a passion for promoting high standards of work and driving continuous improvement. Ideally, the successful candidate will be knowledgeable of Food Safety standards, Health & Safety standards and possess strong IT/Computer skills, as well as experience of working with a wide variety of varying machinery and equipment.
This Position is full time, working a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, with start time of 6am or 6pm and finish time of 6pm or 6am.
The main duties of the Operations Engineer may include, but are not limited to:
- To ensure all engineering work, breakdowns and remedial work is completed and recorded onto our CMMS system.
- To ensure all PPM’s are completed to the agreed standard and also within the allocated time frame.
- Ensure that the right first time approach is the key principle throughout all work undertaken within the role.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety, company policies and procedures.
- Ensure business priorities are met by building strong working relationships with Production, Technical, Quality and Hygiene teams.
- Contribute to continuous improvement as required.
- Support project teams when requested.
- Always Follow good manufacturing practice ensuring standards are maintained and improved.
- Ensure Non-Conformances are completed on time so that we remain in an audit ready state.
- Ensure that housekeeping and clean as you go policy in all engineering areas is always at the highest standard and adhered to.
- All maintenance work to be completed to the highest standard with the emphasis on a lasting solution.
- All tasks delegated by the engineering management team.
- Continued development and training requirements as requested.
Ideally, the successful Operations Engineer will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Multi-skilled engineering apprenticeship/ qualification.
- Logical thought process with good communications skills at all levels.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of Food safety standards and Health and safety standards.
- HNC / HND Qualification
- Multi-skilled apprenticeship
- Health & Safety IOSH
- Food manufacturing experience
- Metal detector training
- Flow wrapper experience
- PLC knowledge
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist engineering recruitment company based in Norfolk