Technique Recruitment Solutions
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist Engineering & Manufacturing recruiter working with our client who are a specialist packaging manufacturer, from their Norwich location. They are seeking a print estimator.
We are excited to offer the successful applicant the opportunity to join a rapidly growing privately owned Packaging Manufacturer situated within Norwich. This role initially presents the opportunity to join the Estimating team with the future potential to expand into supporting other commercial roles within the company.
Experience in a similar role is preferable, although not essential – training can be provided to develop an understanding of the packaging industry. Primarily, the applicant will be expected to produce accurate production estimates to support the Sales and Commercial departments. The applicant will also assist in the collection and presentation of data to Senior Management.
The role of estimator involves assisting with the day-to-day running of the Estimating department with a focus on producing timely, accurate estimates using our MIS for existing and prospective customers.
* A well organised individual with strong attention to detail
* An analytical mindset with a drive to deliver continuous improvement
* Strong IT skills including a robust understanding of Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote). Further IT skills advantageous
* Possessing the ability to be resilient and work under pressure on multiple tasks as required
* An excellent team player with ability to support other members of staff
* A self-motivated and responsible individual
* A confident decision maker
* Possessing strong written and verbal communication skills
* Interpreting client’s requirements to produce timely, accurate estimates using our internal MIS
* Liaising with suppliers to obtain competitive costs for raw materials
* Working closely with other departments to determine the best manufacturing practices
* Handling sensitive customer information in a responsible manner
* Collaborating with team members to produce reports for Senior Management
After accruing the relevant knowledge and experience this role also presents the opportunity to work alongside the Supply Chain department in one or more of the following areas:
* Production planning / scheduling
* General purchasing
* Raw material management
* Raw material purchasing / negotiation
* IT support
£22,000 – £25,000 per annum based on experience
* On-site parking
* Company pension
* 8-hour shift with 30 mins paid lunch break
* 9 am – 5 pm
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist engineering recruitment company based in Norwich