Technique Recruitment Solutions
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist Engineering & Manufacturing recruitment company working with our client who are a long established worldwide manufacturing company based in Norwich. Are seeking a Process Operator / Machine Minder on their rotating day/late shift from a previous manufacturing background, this will be ongoing fulltime work.
Hours of work are rotating weekly shifts – Week one 1400 – 2200 & Week two 0600 – 1400 Monday to Friday – Ongoing fulltime work.
Rate of Pay: £9.62 per hour O/t after 40 hrs a week plus overtime.
To be responsible for running the Production Machines in a safe manner and in line with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to ensuring that the machines are continually operating correctly and achieving optimum performance in terms of quality and output.
Tasks and Activities
1) Packing, Labelling, and Palletising of product in line with the SOPs relating to specific lines and products.
2) Carrying out quality checks; involving hourly inspection of the product, quarantining and back checking components and completing associated documentation. Where there poor quality is found; restarting production to the correct standards.
3) Running machinery and attending to remedial line stoppages, minimising downtime throughout the shift.
4) Safely starting and stopping auxiliary assembly equipment when required.
5) Collecting materials and continually fill the hoppers throughout the shift as required.
6) Emptying waste bins and recycling and weighing scrap.
7) General housekeeping activities and ensuring the work area is kept clean and tidy.
8) Completing log books with BOM details.
9) Recording production in the respective log books and for new works orders on the new sheet.
10) Recording traceability information in log books.
11) Recorded any machine issues in the log books.
12) Pass any comments related to the efficiency of the line on to the on-coming shift.
13) Ensuring all stoppages and new orders are recorded on BARCO.
14) Providing stand in relief cover for other Process or Service Operators for tea and meal breaks.
15) Carry out resort and box making activities when instructed
16) Any other responsible duties as required by the Team Leader that falls within the scope of this role and the department.
Checking product quality to ensure product meets the specification and deciding when to escalate any product concerns and when to scrap products. Checking correct material and components are being used as detailed on the BOM.
The jobholder is responsible for operating machinery, equipment and materials and ensuring a good standard of quality product is being produced.
• No formal qualifications are required, however the job holder needs to be process basic levels of numeracy and literacy
• GCSE or equivalent qualifications in English and Maths Experience
• No experience necessary as training is provided
• Previous experience within a production environment Skills & Attributes
• Understanding of machine operation and running procedures
• Good Communication Skills
• A Team Player
• Good Attention to detail
• Initiative and a ‘Can Do’ approach and Common Sense
• Good time management and organisations skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Hours of work are rotating weekly shifts – Week one 1400 – 2200 & Week two 0600 – 1400 Monday to Friday.
Rate of Pay: £9.62 per hour + O/t after 40 hrs a week plus overtime – Temporary ongoing fulltime work.
The role is based in the factory floor environment. Standard PPE is required (safety shoes, garments, hairnet, and hearing protection) to be worn on a daily basis. The job holder may work alone as part of the role.
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist engineering recruitment company based in Norfolk