Technique Recruitment Solutions
Production Operative – Build Shop
My client is a successful manufacturer working on bespoke vehicle conversions. Due to continued growth they are looking for an experienced build shop/production operative to join their team
The scope of the role is to cut and install foam insulated panels into vans and then prepare the vehicle for the next stage of the process.
Working from the cutting list and the job specification, you will work out the required size and shape of each piece then as required cut rebates, slots, grooves etc into foam sheets and ensure these will all fit together to make a whole panel conversion. This kit will then be securely installed within the vehicle.
Use of routers, saws, drills, woodworking machinery, grinders etc
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· QA inspection of goods presented using visual inspection and tape measure to confirm dimensions.
· Carry out the necessary work to products according to Supervisor instructions, including the fitting of various components.
· Document progress of products through the department by initialling against each individual process.
· Be familiar with the company’s Health and Safety Policies and in particular with your responsibilities.
· Comply with all relevant internal rules, policies and procedures, included in the company handbook.
· Maintain a clean working area through 5s activities.
· Perform periodic checks on equipment (TPM).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Previous experience and proficient in the use of hand held power tools.
· Ability to read and understand detailed engineering drawings.
· Setting up manufacturing equipment.
· Practical with high attention to detail.
· Ability to work to deadlines.
· High work ethic & team player.
· Effective communication includes speaking, writing, active listening and taking instructions.
· Good understanding of Health and Safety.
· Punctual & reliable.
· Flexible approach to overtime.
Specific KPI’s and Deliverables
Key Performance Indicators are vital in providing the business with information on how its operations are performing. For the production areas the KPI’s are largely focussed around H&S, Quality, Delivery, People and Environment. There is not a prescriptive list as the KPI’s themselves will evolve as the business develops and grows; all operatives are expected to contribute to improving levels of performance.
The company recognises the importance of the Operative role and commits to provide sufficient training and development through a structured program.
This is a Mon- Fri position with working hours of 8.00am – 4.30pm and a salary based dependent upon experience. All tools and PPE provided. Due to the location of my client, own transport is essential.
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist Engineering & Manufacturing recruitment company based in Norfolk