Technique Recruitment Solutions
Project/Design Engineer – Mechanical / Electrical (permanent, full-time) Great Yarmouth
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist engineering recruitment company based in Norfolk. We are proud to be working on behalf of a family business established in 1983 who is one of the leading manufacturers, suppliers and installers of specialist cleaning equipment and systems to many blue chip organisations and household names throughout the UK. They have recently completed a substantial expansion of their facility and to help deliver continued business growth are now seeking a full-time experienced Project Engineer to join the permanent team. The role will involve all aspects of Mechanical Design and Project Engineering and will include the implementation of 3D CAD within the company. The ideal candidate will also possess electrical design and or PLC knowledge.
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to be involved with and potentially lead the continued development of the company’s product range of cleaning systems and equipment, including the COMMANDO range of pressure washers and Cask Force range of specialist brewery cask / keg washers and keg washer/fillers.
A recognised mechanical and/or electrical engineering qualification backed up by suitable experience is required, with potential to fulfil a future management / leadership role as the company continues to grow. Further training and development to this end will be available for the right person.
The job requires a flexible and methodical approach and the capability of working to deadlines within a close knit team. The role will also provide technical support as required to other departments within the company.
MAIN REQUIREMENTS OF ROLE:
· The design, layout and co-ordination of new products and systems, together with the enhancement and on-going development of existing products.
· Liaison with sales department and customers, understand and assimilate customers’ requirements.
· Working with manufacturing and assembly departments to ensure successful construction and delivery of final products.
· Working within, and assisting to further develop, the Company’s combined ISO accredited Quality and Environmental Management systems (QMS/EMS).
· Ensuring that products and activities covered by the role are safe and legally compliant
· Surveying, design, drawing and costing of customer’s enquiries
· Production of supporting documentation
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Extensive experience in core design and project development.
· Advanced understanding of and ability to produce computerised 2D & 3D drawings.
· Fully versed in metal materials and finishing techniques
· Relevant Electrical & Mechanical qualifications and competence including PLC control and safety/control circuit design is advantageous
· Good knowledge of BS7671 (current edition) and its practical application is beneficial
· Understanding of and application of key safety and legislative requirements including particularly the Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regulations; Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations; Electricity at Work Regulations.
· Effective drawing and document management.
· Current UK driving licence
· Effective working within a small team and building the relationships needed to achieve this.
· Ability to prioritise and self-manage.
· Problem solving with a positive attitude toward continuous improvement and “making things better”.
· Good inter-personal and communication skills.
· A commitment to ensuring the health, safety and welfare of work colleagues, customers and our products.
· High levels of honesty and integrity
· A flexible approach to ensure the reasonable needs and expectations of the company are met in a changing environment.