Technique Recruitment Solutions
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist Engineering & Manufacturing recruitment specialist working closely with our Norwich based client who are seeking a Proposals Engineer to join their growing team
Main purpose of post:
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the role of the Chemical Dosing Systems Proposals Engineer is primarily to:
1) Prepare and issue tenders to Customers based on Customer specifications and in line with meeting Company margin expectations;
2) Review tender documents, design solutions, electrical specifications and engage with other internal departments prior to developing proposal to ensure correct solution is delivered;
3) Liaise with interested internal departments on receipt of order and attend hand over meetings where necessary
4) Attend site visits and tender review meetings where necessary
Tasks and responsibilities:
The key objectives of the appointment are to:-
1. Assist in general tendering administrative duties.
2. Assist with internal process development and identifying and removing waste / non-value-added activities. Help to maintain and develop procedures and systems to ensure the maintenance of manual and electronic filing systems.
3. To maintain a consistent order input level in accordance with agreed order input budget.
4. To assist in the generation of initial enquiries from potential clients
5. To liaise and discuss with the potential client in preparation of any enquiry documents and the assessment of various technical solutions to the enquiry.
6. To be responsible for the preparation of tender documents ensuring that:
• The enquiry meets the agreed criteria for content, delivery time, and potential margins.
• The client agreed returns date is met.
• The Company’s policy on financial margins are maintained for the tender.
• The potential cash flow from stage payments are acceptable
• The final tender preparation is of a high-quality, fitting for this Company.
7. To approach potential clients after the presentation of tenders and enter whatever negotiations are necessary to secure acceptable orders, in conjunction with the Sales Manager.
8. To advise, via the Company’s standard procedures, all departments of orders received.
9. To liaise with all interested departments on receipt of order and attend hand over meetings, as necessary.
10. To maintain a close working relationship with all other departments to establish a positive feedback on all contracts to ensure technical patterns are used for future reference
11. To assist where necessary in the event of holidays and sickness within the tendering department.
12. Any other duties agreed from time-to-time with management.
13. The conditions of contract are acceptable to the client
14. Lead excellent working practices, including:
a) Health, safety & environmental compliance.
b) Data protection & information security.
c) Customer focus.
d) Team Behaviour.
f) Continuous improvement.
g) Compliance with the Company’s Business Quality Management System.
15. Always abide by the Company’s Culture and Values.
16. Assume other responsibilities as required and work with colleagues to further the best possible performance of the Company
• Previous relevant experience.
• Experience working as part of a team.
• Experience working and interfacing directly with customers.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office – MSWord, MSExcel, MSPowerPoint and MSOutlook.
Educated to a HNC (or equivalent) in an Engineering/ Production / Science discipline
In return you will have access to the folloing benefits
25 days annual leave per year (plus bank holidays).
Share save scheme.
Life Assurance at 3 times your salary.
Community Engagement Programme (which provides colleagues with paid time off to work in the community).
Formalised paid absence scheme.
Employee Assistance Programme.
Occupational health scheme & direct policy to promote wellbeing policy (including Mental Health First Aiders).
Cycle to work scheme.
Childcare vouchers (where eligible).
Access to an in-house suite of learning & development opportunities.
Training up to degree level (& beyond where strategic).
Birthday gift scheme (for every employee).
Outstanding contribution award scheme (targeted: quarterly & annually).w