Technique Recruitment Solutions
Job Title: Proposals Engineer
Salary: Up to 40k Depending upon relevant experience
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist engineering recruitment company based in Norfolk. We are proud to be working on behalf of a globally renowned designer and manufacturer of electric process heating and control systems.
A new opportunity has arisen for a Proposals Engineer to join a successful and dynamic team and business.
Tasked with designing project solutions for bespoke heating systems and customised switchgear that are detailed and in-depth and are economically aligned with the expectations of clients.
Looking for someone who is able to cost control panels and ideally to be an electrically biased Engineer.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
· Interpret client’s enquiry documents, prepare conceptual designs and draft formal tender responses to tight, customer specified deadlines.
· Undertake ongoing technical clarifications, requested by the client, throughout the life of the tenders, and support the Sales team through to successful order placement.
· Prepare and review accurate contract handover files for the Design office.
· Attend formal bid clarification meetings locally and overseas as required.
· Obtain sub-vendor compliant quotations for bought out items.
· Producing project estimates and bill of material (BOM) for LV Switchgear, Instrument Control Panels, PLC, ESD, MCC and Motor Starters
· Formulate accurate cost build-ups based upon international standards and project specifications such as schematics, single line diagrams and operator standards.
· Review technical and some commercial content of Purchase Orders.
Update the database systems based on communications and feedback received.
· Liaise and negotiate with sub suppliers, where required.
· Support the Purchasing Department in identification and development of sub suppliers
· Raise contract review on sales orders received.
· Responsible of the review and counter check of proposals and contract handovers in line with our policies.
This Permanent role will be 37 hours per week as follows:
Monday to Thursday: 08:30am – 5:00pm and Friday: 08:45am – 3:30pm
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist Engineering Recruitment Company based in Norfolk