Technique Recruitment Solutions
My client is a renowned Specialist of Packaged Chemical Dosing Systems & Water Quality Management Systems & Electrical Control Panels. Due to continued expansion they are offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sales/Business Development Manager to join their team
Main purpose of post:
The role of Sales Manager is primarily to:-
1. Manage & develop existing accounts & to champion customer satisfaction.
2. Seek & develop new business opportunities, achieving sales & commercial targets – profitably. This applies to existing markets as well as new sectors.
3. Serve as the primary account contact, providing key account leadership & effective communication between the customer & internal organisation.
4. Gather market information, including competitive intelligence, & help to derive sales & commercial strategy as well as populate the Company’s knowledge systems.
This position entails significant travel around the UK. Given the technical content of the Company’s products, the position is ideally suited to someone with a technical background who has a systemic belief in exceptional customer service.
Tasks & responsibilities:
The objectives of the appointment are as follows:-
* Business Planning
– Champion the derivation of the Sales Development Plan.
– Create & develop key information about target & current clients, which is then incorporated within the Company’s knowledge systems & sales plans.
– Research & understand the strengths & vulnerabilities of competitors & assist in the formation of Commercial/ Sales Strategy.
– Along with Tendering colleagues, assist in the regular review of sales wins / losses so that learning outcomes can be established.
– Review performance against expectations continuously.
– Identify target pricing.
– Assist with the creation & execution of marketing initiatives, presentations, promotions & advertising.
* Managing the Sales Process
– Champion the creation & development of Sales Budgets & Forecasts.
– Establish & maintain strong client relationships through regular close contact account management, which will include regular face-to-face meetings, telephone & email communication. The vast majority of time will be spent physically attending customers’ sites throughout the UK.
– Actively seek to increase the services offered to the account portfolio & increase the income generated therein.
– Champion external customer satisfaction. Manage expectations of all stakeholders by communicating through meetings, verbal, written & email media / mechanisms. In particular, identify opportunities that require additional support & resource.
– Support the implementation of customer relationship management, processes & systems.
– Identify new opportunities through Industry & market research (existing & new markets).
– Liaise continually with Tendering personnel to understand & ensure universal clarity in terms of current / forthcoming opportunities.
– Ensuring that pricing & margins are at correct levels & that approvals are received in line with Company procedures.
– Where agreed by a Director, review contracts & terms & conditions. Provide a written summary of actions / findings / issues / commercial concerns.
– Participate in win / loss reviews, & where applicable, internal project handovers.
* Sales Pipeline Management
– Ensure that the Company is provided with realistic forecasts & is kept informed / up-to-date with key changes & developments.
– Ensure that the sales pipeline is completed with opportunities at various stages of the sales process (all business areas).
– Regularly review sales forecasts, pipelines & strategies (alongside colleagues) & ensure that opportunities / issues are pursued & closed out in a timely manner.
– Work together with the Tendering Team & those from other departments to plan & execute projects / work activities.
* Educated to HNC or equivalent in an Engineering, production or science discipline
* Proven experience within Sales / Account leadership.
* Experience in managing accounts / relationships for multiple clients.
* Commercial awareness: Excellent focus & understanding of profitability & client procurement processes.
* Technical competence (whether electrical, mechanical & / or chemical).
* Excellent IT skills.
* Knowledge of the water industry or industrial automation would be advantageous for this role
The company are offering a competitive salary and package for this role
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist Engineering & manufacturing recruitment company based in Norfolk