Technique Recruitment Solutions
Technique Recruitment Solutions specialises in recruitment for manufacturing industries across East Anglia and is working on behalf of a global machinery manufacturer based in Norwich. They have a new opportunity for a Senior Operations Manager to join their organisation to take leadership of the operations team to plan and execute the manufacturing and delivery of safe, legal, and compliant products that meet or exceed customer requirements.
The role will be responsible for management of the operations, supply chain and quality departments within the company. As well as a competitive salary the company offer an excellent benefits package.
The successful candidate will demonstrate experience in a senior operations or manufacturing management role with responsibility for multiple departments, In addition you will have experience in providing focus and leadership in areas with matrixed or overlapping lines of responsibility and collaboration skills in a diverse, geographically dispersed organisation. A proven track record of implementation and use of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement culture is required
Engagement and communication with wider management group.
Direct, manage, and motivate assigned personnel and teams.
Compliance with ISO standards
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Leadership Group, Senior Director of Operations, Sales and Operations Planning Manager, and North America counterpart to develop and execute strategies to manufacture and deliver safe, legal, and compliant products that meet customer requirements.
- Lead implementation and use of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement techniques in the Operations areas.
- Engage with the SOP process to achieve World Class performance in the Operations areas.
- Regularly engage with Leadership Group, Market Management Groups, and other stake holders to review customer requirements and provide updates on company’s ability and capacity to meet such needs.
- Collaborate with Sr. Director of Operations and global counterparts to continuously improve best practices, balance workloads, and manage risks for operations across the companies and network of partners.
- Drive collaboration within operations and with the wider business to meet customer requirements, fulfil orders, and continuously improve business processes and relevant KPIs.
- Develop, monitor, and drive the top level Operations Functional Business Plan (FPB), KPIs, budgets/spending, and risk management.
- Oversee department managers in executing of lower level FBPs plans aligned to top level Operations FBP and company’s goals.
- Business process owner for cross functional order fulfilment activities, including order fulfilment, manufacturing, and shipping/export.
- Oversee development and execution of manufacturing asset management plan (non machine CAPEX) in alignment with goals and operations strategies.
- Lead the ongoing evolution of an operations culture that balances customer focus, continuous improvement, employee growth, and business results within the overarching culture.
- Ensure the operations team develops and maintains the skills and structure required to fulfil individual and department level responsibilities.
Directly supervises employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.