Technique Recruitment Solutions
Site Services Technician/Engineer
Main purpose of post:
Responsible for the efficient installation of quality mechanical / electrical site work and systems as per supplied designs. This will need to be carried out in a sensible, safe and timely manner to a very high standard. This role is to be carried out at our Water Industry sites all over the UK which involves working away Monday – Friday the majority of the time
Tasks and Responsibilities
The key objectives of the appointment are:-
* To install, manufacture or modify various mechanical / electrical equipment to the company’s high standard.
* To undertake fault finding tasks and rectify in a responsive efficient manner.
* Provide good liaison / communication and provide positive feedback between site and office staff.
* To record all data from site, which is relevant on-site report forms along with photographic evidence.
* To supervise / coordinate contractors activities working on site
* Be a responsible representative at site assuring all works is carried out to a high standard in a safe manner promoting good customer relations.
* Assist in ensuring planning of works for site requirements and materials are optimised for maximum efficiency of installation work.
* To produce, when required site works RAMS and to ensure all other Health and Safety documentation is in place by when required.
* To assume other responsibilities as required and work with colleagues to further the good performance of theCompany.
* To always abide by the Company’s Culture and Values.
* Maintain a ‘site diary’ detailing activities and key events during the course of your activities. Share the diary with your work planner / manager as required.
* Where testing is required, accurately record on relevant documentation.
* Ensure that the site, equipment and vehicles are exceptionally clean, maintained and orderly. In particular, ensure that test equipment, tools, apparatus and cabling do not present a hazard. Where applicable, barrier-off areas and ensure that only authorised and competent persons are present within the work area.
* Demonstrate strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and personnel. Work hard and diligently to provide exceptional customer service.
* Previous experience in similar site work within a customer-based or customer focused environment.
* Solid report writing skills.
* Health and Safety awareness.
* Multidisciplined Electrical Bias
* Good IT skills
* Knowledge of the Water Industry
* Apprenticeship served in a relevant electrical / mechanical discipline.
* City & Guilds or NVQ Level 2 & 3 qualification in a relevant electrical / mechanical discipline.
* Electrical Wiring Regulations.
* 18th Edition (or working towards)
* ECS Card (Graft Card) or equivalent
* CSCS Craft Card or equivalent
Technique recruitment solutions are a specialist engineering & manufacturing recruitment company based in Norfolk