Technique Recruitment Solutions
Job Title: Technical Estimator
Salary: Up to 26k Basic
To support the delivery of the New Equipment Sales targets and goals by taking responsibility for all incoming Tender and General pricing enquiries. They value engineer and competitively price our proposals in collaboration with relevant Business Developers.
Technical Estimators develop sound business relationships with Main Contractors, Façade Sub-Contractors, End Users, Specifiers and Quantity Surveyors with the aim of establishing repeat business and repeat opportunity to quote wherever automatic doors are specified or required.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
* Management of their Regional enquiry folder and maintaining the Regional trackers
* Issue accurate and timely proposals containing documentation relevant to each quotation
* Work closely with specific business developers to qualify & prioritise enquiries for quoting
* Ensure that all relevant CRM fields are accurately completed at all times.
* Ensure good working relationships with both internal and external based teams such as our existing and new customers. An element of this will be managing and maintaining the customer relationship and to provide technical telephone and written support to all incoming enquiries.
* Quote follow up under 10k
* Ensure quote accuracy with minimal margin erosion through technical clearance.
* Commercial processing of new equipment sales orders in CRM;
* Checking order details against quote
* Quote acceptance administration in CRM
* Inputting project information into relevant trackers
* Liaise with the Finance Department to carry out credit checks and where required to track status of any payments required prior to design
* Handover of project to Commercial Design Team, including highlighting of any special requirements/programme/payment information
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
* Be highly customer-focused and a team player.
* Highly numerate and articulate with good verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail.
* Highly-organised with the ability to plan and prioritise.
* Ability to take the initiative and KPI driven, with experience of working to weekly/monthly/yearly individual and team targets.
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales
Special Competencies required:
* PC literate and proficient in the use of MS Office – Essential.
* Familiar with CRM systems – Preferred.
* Ability to read and understand construction drawings – Preferred.
* Have commercial awareness relating to pricing and creating value propositions – Preferred
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment company based in Norfolk