Technique Recruitment Solutions
Title: Technical Sales Person
Hours: Monday to Friday, 7.30am – 5.00pm (flexibility required)
Salary: £20,000 – £28,000 dependent upon experience, plus incentive based bonus
Our client are a specialist manufacturer primarily in the metalwork, glazing and joinery trades, throughout the UK. Due to significant business growth we are looking for an exceptional sales professional to drive new business development across the UK whilst focusing on retaining long term repeat B2B customers. This is an exciting opportunity to make a phenomenal difference within a small and rapidly growing company, taking the company to the next level of its growth. As this is a new post, the successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to shape it themselves whilst working within the existing procedures and systems of the company.
Based in Lowestoft, the role is primarily office based, although occasional visits to clients may be required. Within this role you will be responsible to establish, principally new relationships with prospective customers, whilst maintaining existing relationships with current customers. This will require both significant outbound sales efforts/calls and responding to incoming enquiries which come via phone calls, emails or via the website.
This is a technical sales role and detailed practical knowledge of the products will be required to ensure not only the clients design requirements are met but also the product offered will meet building regulation requirements etc. It is much more than quoting a price against a part number, and necessary training on the products will be provided.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in driving sales and building a pipeline, specifically in outbound sales development role, ideally in a similar technical sales application. You will have a commercial mind-set and be a self-starter.
· Achieving sales targets and deadlines.
· Liaise and work with the marketing teams to best target potential customers.
· Search for, identify and pursue targeted prospect customers in view of getting new clients on board.
· Establishing new, and maintaining existing, relationships with customers.
· Generate and receive customer enquiries and acknowledge receipt.
· Review and evaluate customer requirements, including technical specifications.
· Convert customers’ requirements into list of product numbers etc.
· Where required advise customers on product and design requirements to ensure regulation compliance. (Training will be given)
· When required, ascertain labour costs and special product costs.
· When necessary, obtain material or service costs from vendors.
· Liaise with Production, Drawings & Purchasing Departments
· Generate quotations in line with customer requirements.
· Negotiating quote requirements and prices to meet both client and company needs.
· Very occasional visits to clients if required (either to negotiate on a specific order or to get them on board initially).
· Quotation follow-up calls.
· Negotiating and closing sales to meet sales targets
· Entering and handing over orders to operations department.
What are we looking for?
Most importantly, the successful candidate will have proven sales support and customer facing experience in a similar role, ideally with experience of technical products. In addition you will need to be / have:
· Proficient in MS Office package – Word, Outlook, Excel etc.
· Experienced with CRM, ERP packages.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills. Numeracy and literacy are a prerequisite.
· Self-motivated and ambitious.
· Methodical and efficient approach to administration.
· Professional and efficient manner.
· Commercial and entrepreneurial.
· Ability to read technical drawings
· Experience in building relationships with clients
· Good communication skills and ability to liaise between various departments
· Ability to quote prices to clients, negotiate and close sales.
Our client strongly believes that their strong values based culture is key to the success of their business. Their values include Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty, Humility and Accountability. All of their staff are exceptionally hard working, enthusiastic and driven. If you share these values and want to be part of a winning team, please apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00-£28,000.00 per year
• Bonus scheme
• Monday to Friday
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist engineering & manufacturing recruitment company based in Norfolk