Technique Recruitment Solutions
TITLE: WORKSHOP ASSEMBLY OPERATIVE
BASED: North West of Norwich City Centre
SALARY: Based on experience £9.68 p/hr for your probation period then reviewed, this is based on a 40 hour week with the opportunity of overtime.
To assist with or complete the construction, production and assembly of our clients fabricated products and affiliated clients products using a variety of hand or power tools, complying at all ties with assembly methods and new solutions will be developed through close liaison with customers and in accordance with agreed fabrication principles and procedures.
SALARY: Based on experience £9.68 p/hr, this is based on a 40 hour week with the opportunity of overtime.
HOURS: Basic hours 8:30am – 5:00pm Mon – Fri lunch 1:00-1:30pm
Normal working hours are 7:00am – 6:00pm
Due to seasonal variations within the business these hours may be increased in the Winter, or reduced in the Summer, 3 or 4 days to be taken over Christmas shut-down
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTIBILITIES:
Essentials of the role:
1. Workshop Operative:
• To assist with or complete the construction, production and assembly of company products using a variety of hand tools or power tools, complying at all times with clients defined safe practices and methods
• To fabricate and assemble sub-assemblies with sufficient lead time to enable others to complete products as scheduled
• Liaise with the Workshop Manager, to implement work schedules to ensure the timely completion of all sales orders
• Ensure a high standard of quality production with continuous improvement, reporting any problems or potential problems to the Workshop Manager
• Train to be able to carry out the maximum range of tasks, for which they are capable, within the workshop department
• Comply with all aspects of the clients Health and Safety procedures at all times, ensuring any concerns are brought to the attention of the Workshop Manager without delay
• Ensure that all defined personal protection equipment is utilised within the workshop or for the safe use of hand held tools e.g. hand routers, grinders, etc
The ideal candidate will have a good engineering aptitude and will be of a practical nature and work ethic.
Please contact us with an updated CV to apply.
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist engineering & manufacturing recruitment company based in Norfolk